Friday, March 6, 2015

St. Banjo

My son turned to me whilst completing his lessons today and asked, "Can someone be named Banjo?"




"Yes, a person can be named most anything. Do you know what a banjo is?"

"No."

"It's an instrument like a guitar.  It makes a cool sound."

"Well I think it's a good name.  Someday if and when I get a wife, I want to have a son and him Banjo."



"Oh that is interesting.  You know there is a famous Australian poet named Banjo Paterson.  He wrote   one of the most famous songs ever, 'Waltzing Matilda.'"


"Mom, is there a St. Banjo?"

"No."

"Can a person named Banjo become a saint?"



"There's a first for everything.  Anyone could become a saint."

"I want to have son and name him Banjo and raise him to be a good Christian so he can be the first St. Banjo."

"Amen, Little Man. That's a good goal."


Mno Hiya Lyta!

1 comment:

priest's wife - S.T./ Anne Boyd said...

what a sweet boy! (Actually St Gemma Galgani's parents had a similar conversation with the priest before she was baptised- she's the first st gemma