Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Ready for Life

Yesterday, my son came up with an idea for a game show that I thought epitomized his inner concerns well.

Alex came to me and said he wished there were a game show that would help young people get ready for life.  I asked him what he meant.  He said that he wished someone would help young people get the money they needed to start their lives on their own.  I said that was a good idea. 

He said, someday if he were rich enough he would start a game show that would help young people get started in life.  I asked him how it would work.  What would the challenges be and what would they win?

Alex knew immediately how the contestants would earn their living.  Contestants would have to play his favorite computer games against him.  The winner would receive money to buy a place to live, a car, and a wedding.  The name of the show would be, "Ready for Life."

These are clearly things that Alex has on his mind a lot: computer games, money, and getting married.

I hope, Alex, someday you will be ready for this future life you envision. 

Mno Hiya Lyta!


No comments: