Friday, October 11, 2013

"Be of good cheer.  Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow.  You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you preserver; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles.  Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost.  What I am looking for is not out there.  It is in me."  -Helen Keller

Helen Keller 220x300

I needed to hear this today.  Someone little did not want to be obedient today--a real independent spirit.  The children all bickered a little too much.  Truly it drove me to the brink.  I really was not in the mood to deal with it either.  Halfway through the day, I decided we should sit down and have some ice cream and watch a little T.V. to calm everything down.  My ice cream party did not make life any better.  

Later we all went to the gym so mommy could blow off a little steam.  I felt 100% better about everything.  Then we went out to the parking lot and we were right at the car loading in, when previously mentioned someone little took off on an exploratory expedition of the parking lot.  Someone little is in a lot of trouble.  Let's just say I am putting this person on probation.

This bad behavior and how I felt about it (stressed) made me second guess our decision the home school.  Sometimes I feel like we must be a little too cooped up, because of the bickering and disobedience.  However, I know we would face the same problems whether the children went away to school or stayed home.  I know this is true because my siblings and I constantly bickered even though we went to good schools.  We never had good relationships.  For the most part, my children are friends and have fun. 

Part of their behavior is normal for kids growing up.  Part of it is the kind of environment one fosters.  I hope I can figure this all out, and help my family be holy. 

Mno Hiya Lita!

 

No comments: