Monday, October 8, 2012

Baby Update

Little Lucy is five months old now.  She is still so smiley and cuddly.  Each morning when I go get her from her bed, she kicks her little legs and giggles at the sight of me.  It's the most adorable thing.  Waking Lucy is the best part of my day.  I pick her up and she hugs my neck and snuggles up to me for a nurse.  She has a long morning nurse since she sleeps so well at night.  In the afternoon, she is extremely fussy and we think it's because she wants another long nurse then as well, but I am usually busy making dinner or doing chores.  I can only nurse her for a short time.  So once again, I am going to have to reorganize myself to accommodate the baby.  I think I will start prepping dinner during home school.

I am trying to cherish each moment with her, because they are only babies for a moment.  I feel like they only have this purity, joy, wonderment for a day and then it is lost forever.  They become just like the rest of us.  The world is not new anymore.  She rolls her tongue around her mouth and chews on it with her naked gums in total awe of her own tongue, enjoying it and exploring it.  It's things like that that only a baby can make special.

"TOES! I have toes! They taste so good! Nom, nom, nom."

100_7005

100_6963

"Good morning, MOMMY!!! Did you bring me breakfast!"

100 6954

She's still so little. I wish she would never grow older.  I think she looks like an Eloise Wilkins baby.

100 6980

1 comment:

Kayleen said...

So very sweet. The more babies I have, the more I realize how right you are - they are only babes for a moment. :(