Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Birdman Strikes Again

Some of you may remember the wings I made for the kids during this past summer…

100 5151

The other day I was at a store with the kids.  We were just there browsing as a "Daddy's Away Let's Stay Busy" outing.  Of course the kids were dazzled by all the bright, shiny, new things at the store.  "Mommy, can we have that?!"

"No, it's too expensive."

"How about that?!"

"No."

"That?!"

"No."

Then my son spotted an eagle mask in the Halloween section.  "Mommy, I need that to go with my wings."

"No, it's too expensive."

"Oh well, you could make me an eagle mask like you made my wings!"

I was somewhat checked out in single-parenthood weariness and delirium.  I heard myself saying, yes, I could make a mask.  But, did I mean it.  Well, I guess I could.  Actually, this could be a fun and exciting keep the kids busy project.  Every day Alex, asked me when I was going to make him an eagle mask.  Every day, I listed off the things that had to be done before we could get to the mask, and then we would never make the mask.  Finally, a week later I did make the mask. I had envisioned Alex glueing on all the feathers.  When it came time, he said, no, you just do it Mommy.  I was actually a little relieved.  It took me no time at all and there was not gluey mess.

Here is the new and improved Birdman.

100 5152

100 5154

No comments: