Saturday, October 15, 2011

1. But Seek First Kingdom of God

1. "But seek first kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33 
At the beginning of the week, with renewed spirit, I attempted with great fervor to keep this teaching.  I know that whatever you serve first is where your heart is.  So I attempted to pray more often. I got up early to pray before the kids woke up.  I read scripture daily.  I was strict with the kids about family prayer times.  I tried to keep up with a schedule, housework, and tending to the needs of the children.  As the week went on, I simply grew weary.  I would say that each day went well, but Friday did not fall anywhere close to the kingdom of God.  To be honest, I am not sure I even glimpsed the kingdom or righteousness all week.  But I want to see it; just not sure how to get there and stay there.  Are there any prayers for the weary? I know there is scripture about working your toils with a smile and laughter in you heart.  Perhaps I need to memorize that one. Does any one know it?

100 5236

No comments: