Monday, December 6, 2010

Feeling Homeless

We are waiting to close on a new home and move in. Our house is torn a part and walls of boxes are everywhere.  We were originally told we would close on December 1st.  That did not happen and now we are left sitting in the dark wondering when it will happen. 

I feel disoriented and cannot think clearly because our things are not where they ought.  Imagine that everywhere you turn things are not how you remember, things are not ordered.  You keep thinking you have to put them back, but you can’t and you have to figure out what else in the house you must tear asunder.  I have one pot in my cupboard and it takes skill to cook a whole meal each night with one pot.  I know I have not been praying with the children as frequently.  My mind cannot get from point A to point B.  Hopefully this will be remedied soon.

Alex performed wonderfully at his Karate test on Saturday. It was a total surprise to us how perfectly he performed.  He won the most improved award.  He broke his board on his first try and followed along with the big kids.  Then he followed it up by being perfectly behaved all the rest of the day.  It was Alex’s best day ever.

100_3147

Here is my Annie Bear, smiling of her own volition.

100_3165

And Happy Feast of St. Nicholas.  Each year I am more and more inspired by this magnificent Saint.

100_3181

2 comments:

anne said...

Aw, I'm sorry things are all disoriented! Is the house finished but you can't move in yet? Give me a call this afternoon if you have time.

1. Alex is such a big boy! I'm so proud of him :)
2. I love Annie's smile. What a sweetie :D

Michelle M. said...

That must be so difficult! I hope everything is straightened out soon. Your children are adorable. We've been thinking about putting our oldest in karate, too.