Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tot Talk: Alex and the Beanstalk

We have ivy growing on the screen outside our living room window.  This morning Alex opened the curtain and with the amazement of a child turned to me and said, “Oh Mommy, there’s a beanstalk growing on our window!” 

100_2789100_2794

After I took the pictures of his beanstalk.  He really wanted to take a picture of me.  This is Alex’s picture and I think it’s really good. 

100_2797

I also took this picture Sunday night commemorating the first dinner we ate on our new table and chairs.  I figure many happy, blessed memories will be made around this table, and here is the first happy memory.  If you think about it a dinner table is sacred.  It is one of the few places families gather, pray and share our daily bread.  A table and chairs are very special furniture.

100_2784

2 comments:

Michelle M. said...

That is really cute- and it does look like a beanstalk :)

You look incredible, as always. I can't wait to "meet" your little lady- with such a great name.

anne said...

AH! LOVE the beanstalk. What a creative little man :)

Your table is gorgeous, as is your family, and your sweet, growing belly! Selfishly, I hope baby Annie hangs on till I get there :D