Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Granola Ecstasy

100_2294 2 cups of oats
1 bag of peanut butter chips
1/4 cup vegetable, or soy, or canola oil
1/2 cup clover honey
1/2 cup pumpkin kernels 
2/3 cup sliced Almonds
2/3 cup salted shelled sunflower seeds
1 cup sesame seeds

In a food processer, chopped pumpkin kernels, sunflowers seeds, slice almonds and sesame seeds; set aside.  Add oil to a large saucepan, heat the oil on medium and slowly add peanut butter chips.  Fully melt all the chips and stir in the honey.  Turn the heat down to low.  Fold in the pumpkin kernels, sunflowers seeds, almonds and sesame seed mixture.  Once they are covered completely, fold in the oats.  Keep folding until all the mixture is covered.  Cover a baking sheet with wax paper.  Turn out mixture onto the baking sheet (if you like sweet and salty, this is a good time to spread honey and salt over the top); spread evenly; cover the top with equal amount of wax paper; press with another baking sheet.  Let it sit over night.  Use a spatula to spoon granola into a container or zip lock bag for fresh keeping.

100_2277 100_2278

(Can’t eat peanuts? Use white chocolate chips.)

3 comments:

anne said...

WOOO HOO!! I'm going to make this when I get home. But I'll use cashew butter and.. maybe chocolate chips. Mm! Looks fabulous.

Way to go, Renee!

Holly Bennett said...

To bad you didn't have this recipe in time to put it in the cookbook. I think I will be giving this a try! Hope you are having fun.

anne said...

Made this last night--delicious! I used cashew butter and a bit of while chocolate instead of peanut butter chips.. but I think I cooked the liquid stuff too long--it wasn't shiny like yours. But it's still super tasty! I also added shredded coconut and ground flax. MMM :D