Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ask and You Shall Receive

Last time I posted, I asked for prayers for the daughter of a friend.  What transpired afterward was far too many coincidences to not be considered a miracle.  I received a series of emails describing their extraordinary experience.  She gave me permission to share her miracle with you. 

199_Raphael_ChristEnthroned “I had the nurses print off the novena [of Saint Raphael] for me because although I have a computer here [at the hospital] it does not connect to the hospital printers so I did not bother trying to print it.  When my husband arrived home last night around 11:00 pm the novena spontaneously spit out our printer. I am serious I did not hit print so it was not in the computers memory! I read from the Bible, the book of Tobit, last night. Feeling very comforted by the physician of God. I called the church for a priest to perform anointing of the sick...

Thursday night was the first night we prayed the prayer and the night it spit out the printer. It is said that if it is God's will St. Raphael will whisper into the doctors’ ears when they need guidance, or obtain an unexplained healing. Friday morning our doctor came in and said, ‘I woke from my sleep at 4:00am and said, I know what it is. It's the Motrin. It just hit me all of the sudden.’ Our eyes were big as saucers! Not an hour later my dad came by to visit and said he had had a dream last night that the doctor had an epiphany and said he knew what was making her sick. After I told my father that that exact thing had taken place we just praised God.  Our priest came by Friday afternoon...

It seems that through the viral illness' she acquired and was not getting over she developed a sensitivity to Motrin. To keep her from having breakthrough seizures she was given Tylenol and Motrin alternating for almost two weeks. Through that time she built up toxins in her system from the martin that actually prevented her from getting better. So she acquired an allergy to Motrin. We stopped the Motrin on Friday morning and has not had a fever since and her rash and swelling are disappearing…

As Raphael tells Tobit and Tobiah in the book of Tobit. ‘Thank God! Give him the praise and glory. Before all the living, acknowledge the many good things he has done for you, by blessing and extolling his name in song. Before all men, honor and proclaim God's deeds, and do not be slack in praising Him.’ Tobit 12:6.”

So now we pray prayers of thanksgiving. 

2 comments:

anne said...

Ah! Praise the Lord! So glad it has been figured out! Amen :)

Michelle M. said...

Praise the Lord!! What a miracle!!