Monday, October 19, 2009

When Good Scholars Burn Out and Other Oddities

How do you know when you are burned out on being a graduate student? 
You finish off a day of studying and work with a ride on the see-saw with a good buddy.
(Look at the disgruntled child waiting for his turn.)


Elation after the dads finally give the kids a turn.


The baby to the left is five months old. Kristiana is 10 1/2 months.
Anna-Kate's a little big for her age, Kristiana is a lot small for her age.
What can I say?  We're hobbits.


Krisitiana found a little treasure at the park.


I received this table cloth for a wedding present.
I always thought it clashed with everything and was way too loud. 
But, with fall harvest gourds a top this table cloth has suddenly become festive.

2 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Cute photos :)

I like the tablecloth; although, I don't know if I would have the guts to use it- haha :) I am a very subdued person color-wise; although I love seeing it other places, just not necessarily on my dining room table.

anne said...

Is that what happens when they burn out? I thought they did that because they were good scholars ;)

I love your hobbitses babies.

And I think that tablecloth could make a good Easter party tablecloth... what with the green and pink :)