Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Getting Dirty

These pictures were taken about three weeks ago. Here are some pictures of the kids helping me with my plants. I am really not a green thumb. Yes, I know. Don't laugh too hard when you realize that I am reading a book about self-sufficiency and farming and I cannot even keep a potted plant alive. These plants now look a little yellow and sad. I need to re-pot them. I put too many plants in one pot. I was being cheap because pots are expensive, and now my plants won't grow. At least I know what I did wrong. I am good with animals though.


Here are my little weeds (they grow like weeds anyway):

In Alexander language, "Kissy-Ya-Ya! [a.k.a Kristiana] She's happy."

I know it looks like he is going to eat that dirt, but he didn't do it, for once.
I think he was about to pour soil on his sister's head.

Sasha wanted to plant "Baby Seesher"

Still happy even though she's been planted.
The handy work of the day.

3 comments:

anne said...

Kissy-yaya!! LOVE IT :) And you don't have to be a green thumb at first--T can help us both with that! We'll take care of the aminals and the making of the food while T (and Andrew?) teach us how to be good gardeners.. Life will be good. Even with potted baby sisters :) hehe

Michelle M. said...

How cute! I love the photos with the dirt dumped on her head. I feel the same way that you do. I am not a green thumb at all but I so want to be able to more self-sustaining. I do so much in that "category" just not the gardening. I am promising myself that I will try next year. I just can't do it pregnant :) We'll see how that goes.

Unknown said...

Sure, Andrew will farm with Taylor. Andrew likes working hard and seeing the fruits (literally) of his labor.

Michelle, congrats on your pregnancy. I know pregnancy is hard, but if wanted to garden while pregnant you can. I recommend creating a smaller area to garden and get up early to poke around in the soil before the sun heats things up too much. Last summer when I was pregnant I had to move my daily walk to 6 a.m. to beat the Texas heat.